Saturday, February 19, 2011

My February Day-Away

I woke up this morning (surprise!) and decided I needed a day away. 
Things have been busy and hectic, and I needed some time to have fun,
SY-style!

So, I took the Letterbox trip  I mapped out to Urbana, Ohio,
and made some other stops before, during and after. 

The day started at the Girl Scout store to purchase some Try-Its for the upcoming overnight. 
 
Then, off I went...


What a welcoming sign!
I knew it was going to be a very productive day.


The round-about was kind of scary...
I didn't want to get hit 1 1/2 hours away from home!


After a few successful finds, I decided to try out the local GW.
WOW...talk about overpriced STUFF.
The one thing I did find, a container to grow bean sprouts in,
 was $1.99, but it was missing pieces. 



The Oak Dale Cemetery, in Urbana, Ohio.
I found quite a few letterboxes here today.
For the most part it was quiet, and no spirits to be found.


I had a little history lesson today.
Simon Kenton is buried in this cemetery.
It seems he is "famous" for helping open Ohio for settlement.
Who knew?!?!
Do you want to know more?  Click on the link below.


This was an interesting headstone.
I couldn't find his name, but the information I had says the man
buried here was killed in a local train accident years ago, when a
moving train collided with one that was parked.
The odd piece on the headstone is an engine brake.


What?!?! 
On my way home, after 24 Letterboxes and 1 Hitchhiker were found,
I encountered a HUGE wreck. 
Luckily, I have Rudolph (aka TomTom),
who was able to help me navigate around the mess.
I picked a route and Rudolph directed me!

I logged about 200 miles today, but I feel great! 
On my way home, I stopped at IKEA,
but it's difficult to feel inspired when you're cold and tired.
So, I put $20 worth of gas in the tank (1/4 of a tank)
and made my way home to my "Welcoming Committee..."


Midnight.

1 comment: