Sunday, April 10, 2011

Girl Scout Adult Enrichment Weekend

Having never been to a camp before, I decided it was about time!  And, to help me live a missing piece of my childhood, Girl Scouts provided me an opportunity to meet new people and try new things, all for $60!
And, I got a patch to sew on my Girl Scout bag!




"Journey to the Emerald City" was this year's adult
enrichment theme.  Loving "The Wizard of Oz"
made it that much better.


Bridges are not my "thing," but trying new things is part
of being a Girl Scout.


And, even though it swayed like crazy, I made it across!


SWAPS
Special What-cha-ma-call-its Appropriately Pinned Somewhere
This board of SWAPS is from a convention in the 1960's.
And, it turns out I love making SWAPS!


These were the prizes for the costume contest...
handmade dolls by a lady named Gloria.


A quilt made by a Troop.


Closing Flag Ceremony.

Some closing memories...silly songs are a hoot...sleeping on a bunkbed is for kids...even I can meet new people...the SWAP instructor was a fanatic about saving anything and everything...camp inadvertantly makes me hungry...I walked about 4 miles in a little over a day, since there isn't any driving allowed at camp...I had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment